Thursday, October 18, 2012

The journey from "barnaparichay" to Java

Rabindranath's poetry and songs are my favorites, my all time best ones. One of those that I like most is - বিপদে মোর রক্ষা করো (bipode more raksha koro) - guard me at the times of trouble. That which prays to God saying that make me know you during happy times so that I never doubt your presence when the world is all against me. I try to follow that. I may not be "praying to God" but I do feel grateful for my life when things go well, and when they don't, I try to remain as patient as possible.

Anyway, recently some stuff went really well which made me very happy and inspired me to grow myself by challenging my intellects even more. Encouragement can do wonders to anyone. Especially if you were not expecting them. All these make me grateful for my life and thank that person who is behind all of this. He is Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar.

Now when I am gradually evolving into the role I have always seen myself in, the dream career in a fast paced sci-tech industry, the economic independence and the confidence this entire thing imbibes in me, I need to take a look back at that day when Vidyasagar said "they [girls] are also getting educated now. Their time is also coming", the fact that he wanted to see us empowered, lacking neither in education nor in the freedom to pursue our dreams...and makes me realize that I can't thank him enough. I can't ever pay his debts.

The only thing I can do is to take myself up to that level where Vidyasagar can be proud of me, proud of the fruitfulness of his relentless battles. That girl whom he had one day taught how to write the Bengali alphabet can now automate cloud (server) behavior  with Java.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

tomar ei bhabna tai hobe tomar "guru dakshina"

Reea said...

Setai holo katha...