Friday, October 05, 2012

Some things that just can't get better

There are some perfect moments in life. Perfect weather, perfect relaxing atmosphere, perfect vacation...like that. Sometimes on sunny Saturdays when I come downstairs in the morning and open the door to our backyard, looking out to the foliage and smelling the air, I feel it. That's a perfect thing! Most of these moments make us happy, may not be crazy happy but more in a subtle way. For me, these can't just get better..

Cornflower skies, golden sun and a cool breeze bringing a smell of the trees. It's that kind of a day today. The sudden dip of the mercury is heralding cold weather, but the skies have forgotten that summer is over. They are still without a trace of cloud (yes in Western Washington) and the leaves are changing color... it's heavenly!

Puppy kisses. Can there be anything better than a happy dog licking your face? Same about a content kitty curled up on your lap and purring when you scratch behind his ears. Seeing a happy pet is one of the most rewarding experiences as well.
Puppies

That stretch from the luggage carousel to the arrival lounge of the airport at your home town. When you know that it's a matter of a few moments and you'd see your family right there!

Waking up on a weekday as the alarm goes off and then realizing it's a holiday! One of my most favorite things is to sleep, so I am a little biased towards this one.

Sky full of stars...and waves lashing in front of you. Nothing ever can surpass this.

Compassion and mercy. Have you seen anyone cry for someone else? Anyone going out of the way to make others feel good? That is another beautiful thing.

Bonding that surpasses the differences, those that don't need verbal language to communicate. Like this Airtel commercial: 

When I experience these I say to myself, what a wonderful world!! I'm so grateful to cherish these :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have seen this before and have thought about the deep message. I also share the 'beautiful things' that appeal to you.

Reea said...

Ei kukur gulo ami pushbo )