Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Where I need "dislike" buttons

Recently there's been quite a provocation to write about the stuff I hate. As I have a black-or-white type of outlook towards the human civilization, a lot of stuff actually drive me mad. Here's the list:

1. Male Indian dancers - Well, not the Bollywood type, but the ones that dance with Tagore songs with a bunch of girls. I JUST CAN'T STAND THEM!!!

2. Modern poetry - I have only read a few modern Bengali poetry and I still can't understand from which angle they can be termed as "poetry". If the poets wrote them and kept them secret, I wouldn't mind but publishing them and reading them in public is akin to a crime of some sort!! Also, I still can't understand those people who claim to "understand" and "like" these poetry! The only thing that I tell myself is well, everyone is entitled to free speech.

3. Modern art - Another thing that makes no sense to me. A blotch of color here and there and a few random brush strokes? That's it? If anything doesn't take skill and effort, it is not a creation. Also, how can people "understand" and "like" and "buy" these blotches of color? Mota or May would do better with a paint brush, I am sure!
Don't make me mad!!!

4. "Intellectuals" - (The people we refer to in Bengal when we say this word with a French accent). They are a different animal. It is sooo hard to explain who they are and what makes them what they are. Mostly these are the people who like the above mentioned "modern" things. They claim to believe in plain living and high thinking. Most of them are communists as well, preparing for a "revolution" of some sort. Who that revolution is against or what will that achieve, I don't know. Also, they claim to be non-communal and the show of being "non communal" stems from bashing their own religion. They are a weird lot that's all I can say.

5. Damp blankets - Yes, the physical ones are bad, no doubt but better than the people who are like those. Damp blankets are those who have no ambition, no plans for life. They are just fine living their own routine life without thinking of their existence. Or, thinking why they exist at all. They also have a dampening effect on people around them.

6. Nosiness - Questions like "when are you going to settle?" or "is there any good news?" (meaning "when are you having a baby?"), unsolicited advice, which may include things from how to load a dishwasher or which Indian grocery store is good. If I have questions, I will "Google it" first. If I still have that question, rest assured, I will be the one to ask.

There are other stuff I am sure which have successfully driven people to craziness all around the world - stupid drivers, super slow postal service agents, etc. to name a few, but these ones will be on the top list of my dislikes. For sure!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

sukumar ray to kobei bole gachhen "je sob loke podyo lekhe, tader dhore khnachae rekhe..." aare erokom lok jon to char dike achhei - sabar jonye rege gele to blood pressure khub high hoye jabe! are they worth it? matha thanda koro!

Reea said...

Khyak khyak khyak...ami eder sobai ke khachay bhore debo :)

Reea said...

Support Kasab? I sometimes wonder what's going on inside their heads, I mean those who support these people. Is it just that they want to be branded as someone "different", or do they really feel for the terrorists? I know of one girl who is a fan of Bin Laden :P

bhut said...

Angry Bird er chobi dekhe khub ghabre gechhilum... bhablam otao bujhi tomar opochonder list e... tarpor bujhlam tumi or motoi angry hoyechho... tao bhalo..

Reea said...

Ha amr lal jilipi'r moto mukh hoye jaye esob dekhle/shunle