Monday, August 13, 2012

Birthday post

28 loops around the Sun has ended and I have started on the 29th loop today. Sounds like an iteration in programming, doesn't it? When I was born, i was set to 0 as the loop started executing. To me it's a while loop as I do not know where the end is.

It is all about time...when I heard the Westminster chimes replicated by a clock at Kirkland, I was thinking of time...the journey from my birth to this day...it has not been a bed of roses, but in spite of the challenges as a whole it is a great experience no doubt!!

I don't see myself growing though. I still don't feel any changes. Just that now I live in a different place and go to work instead of school. Apart from that nothing much has changed in my life. Oh well, I have a husband now, but as he does not interrupt in my way of life I don't have to change stuff for him by any means (I wouldn't have done that anyway though) :-) Anyway, I still look the same from when I was in middle school. I still wear some clothes that are more than a decade old (I fit into them comfortably), I run down stairs, climb fences and can't help but run and play fetch if there are playful dogs around. I am still continuing to be a "rebel without a cause". I hate nosy people, art films, "modern Bengali poetry" and "modern art" with the same vigor as when I was eighteen. Analytic thinking, debatable topics, free thinking and humanity still rules my world.


Life to me is feeling the sun and the wind on my face and follow the motto - "live free or die"!!



5 comments:

Reea said...

Thank you, thank you!

Unknown said...

You should have also added that you don't like male Indian dancers especially the 'rabindrik' ones!
Be a free thinker but always have a purpose before action.
Happy birthday and happy everyday!

Reea said...

I will have to write an article on the things I hate... male Indian dancers would top the list. Poetry by Jibananda, Shakti, etc etc would probably be a close second sharing the spot with modern art :)

bhut said...

birthday post er comment korte I am very early for the nxt yr. he he... jakge, byaparta holo ei je eromi thako..sukhe thako.. lyaj fapiye tar bhetor guti suti hoe jibon katao... ei ashirwad roilo..

Reea said...

Kathberali ra fapano lyaj er tolay gutiye shoye :D Otai oder kombol :D