Friday, September 21, 2012

Test nightmares

I think it was Dennis the menace who once said that all good dreams are actually bad and all bad dreams are good. Sounds like a riddle, doesn't it? But, hey! He is right. The moment you realize that it was "just a dream" you will either feel relieved or will be sad. Depends on the situation. That's when the true identity of the dream will strike.

Even before I wake up from dreams, I pass through a phase where I try to figure things out like - where am I, what I am currently. Well, might  not be as philosophical as it sounds. A general answer like if I'm still in school, or work now answers the questions pretty well. Sometimes I have to think twice to figure out what the orange-ish/brown-ish warm cuddly furry thing is that is curled up right next to me...Anyway, coming to the point, today was one of those days, when the first thought was - oh wait, but I don't go to school any more! And what a relief that was!!! I was dreaming, or rather having nightmare about a Chemistry test for which I was not prepared (obviously!). (Note: I hate chemistry.) Sometimes I see the same thing with Maths tests. The problem arises because unlike History or English, I can't prepare for Maths (or Chemistry) tests overnight.
Sleep like a cat

This is a common nightmare all around the world!! I know my mom still gets nightmares that she is late for he M.A. finals. Arnab also said he sees similar ones. I was talking about this at work and one guy promptly asked me the formula for sodium chloride (yes!) and another was amazed because he had an idea that he was the only one who has this kind of dreams! Funny how exams still haunt us. I mean in adult life, there are so many stuff to worry us, right? Finances, jobs, issues at work, health related problems, kids, etc... but why do people go back to their school day frights when it comes to nightmares? Just a thought...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think because those were the first encounters with LIFE that gave us shocks and those shocks are so deeply entrenched in the psyche that the come to haunt us till our last sleep. tomake ki bolechhilam je amar pishima khub chhotobelae 'kapalkundala' dekhechhilen ebong oi 'kapalik' ke dekhe prochondo bhoy peyechhilen. pore kokhono jar hole ba onyo kono karone disturbed hole 'kapalik' ke swapno dekhten (aar oboshyoi khub chachaten).

bhut said...

amar ekta khub common nightmare achhe,apart from ei exam-fear... seta thik publicly bola jabena... pore kokhono face to face bolbo... but jara swopno byakhya kore, tder kache khub jante ichhe kore setar xplanation..

Reea said...

Hmm...exam fear ta sobai dekhe. Amader office er Chris je keno bechara bhebechhilo je o chhara ar keu dekhe na setai ashchorjer!! Amar manager Joe to kodin agei dekheche oke proshno kora hochhe ar o kichu bolte parche na...bollo ekta meeting er bhoy te erokom sapno dekheche :)