Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The last year in my twenties

I may look like someone in her teens (I get carded everywhere possible), but the truth is this is my last year in the twenties! Even though it sounds like I am slowly creeping towards the really grown-up age but well, that shouldn't be bad right? It is just another decade, life goes on in the same way...the world stays the same...

Things were so different for me 29 years back though...it was like a Big Bang. Till the time I was born there was just darkness, then in a moment I was flooded with information. Light, sound, touch, pain, smell, taste and the basic consciousness about being alive. Isn't that the best thing? To be alive in this world!!

A world full of people and animals, beautiful blue sky, bright sun, stars like diamonds, green trees and fields of wheat. To be alive to cherish these beautiful things, to smell a rose, to pick a home grown ripe tomato, to roll on the cool grass on a summer afternoon, to walk up snowy ridges and to see the lapping waves of an ocean at my feet is worth living.

To grow up in a family where one is loved and cared for, the very fact that there are happy childhood memories, to have a husband who is a friend and partner, to have friends to hang out with from all over the world, friends who speak different languages, come from different religions and cultures but with whom you can share little details of your life. Co-workers who help and teach, who encourage you to try out new things, learn new technology. Teachers (physical and virtual) who inspire and teach you good morals and lead by example. The things we can take in from this world to enrich our lives, those are the best.

If you don't love yourself, no one else would. If you don't respect yourself, then also no one else would. However, pets are different. They are the only beings who love you without any expectation. I am so blessed to have Mota, May, Peanut Butter and Bebe in my life. Every night when Mota lays himself down next to me, cuddled up into a fur ball, I feel so great and every morning it's Bebe with her enthusiastic jump on the bed who wakes me up with a "Good morning" woof!

Life is great when you feel great. And you feel great when you accomplish something good, when you love and are loved in return, when people appreciate you or just feel good when you are around. With that comes sharing all the good stuff I have...when I am happy I would like others to be happy. There is so much to do and so much to learn...I don't know if one lifetime will be enough for all that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless - be happy all the time.
(You should have mentioned Kendo too)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, but where is my name??