Monday, July 15, 2013

The girl after my own heart

A few days back I posted the following picture of May on my Facebook timeline and said that if I ever have a human daughter, I'd want her to be like May.

Why so? Well, look at the picture and tell me what you see. Don't you see courage personified? Don't you see confidence in those green eyes? Isn't the way she is show perfect poise and grace? And she is so regal and pretty with such a no-nonsense attitude about her!! It is true sometimes she hates being picked up, or snaps at the brush during her grooming, but that is ok. What ultimately matters is a soul who is totally comfortable with her existence and can very well rule the rest. That is why I love May so much and that's the sole reason I want a human daughter like May. Whom, people will have to think twice (or a few more times) before wanting to mess with. May lets others know that with some timely smacks by her little claws that can tear apart dogs' noses and vets' hands. 

Brave, confident and graceful. Those are the attributes I like in girls. Those are the things that makes a girl the beautiful yet resilient being on whom everyone can depend. 

If we have more girls like May, I am sure there will be much less tolerance towards oppression. These brave girls will fight for the right cause and would never be hesitant to strike back. They will reach their full potential and make use of their talents. However, they will retain and develop on their feminine identity. Feminine should not mean all pink and fluffy stuff, nor should it bring the image of a docile, placid little thing who is always comfortable in a subservient role. A perfectly feminine girl can have a bold and strong personality and can rule the world. 

I love you May. I wish you all the warmth and comfort and a sunny kitty condo near the window. So that you can sit there all day and hiss at the passers-by (humans and dogs and Peanut Butter) and later you can fight with your brother and sister and drive them off from your room. Wish you all the kitty-pleasures that your kitty-heart wants :) You are truly the girl after my own heart!

No comments: