Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Am I really?

As I still look (and behave) like a teenager and fit into decade old clothes quite comfortably, it takes a little effort to realize that I am actually growing up (or getting wiser). These are some points that reminds this quite to my face -

1. I am ENJOYING political discussions. On those evenings of the Presidential debates, we actually were looking forward to those. Arnab and I spend a lot of time discussing these. We have different opinions in most cases but we do talk about these (and love to).

2. I am actually untying my tennis shoes before taking them off and not slipping them on and off with a high chance of breaking the heel.

3. I am keeping a tab on what I eat. No I am not trying to *lose* weight. I am trying to stay healthy. But then , I am not stuffing myself with a bag of chips. A big piece of fish is mostly what is getting in to my stomach as the main meal.

4. Opening bills before greeting cards when the mail arrives. I didn't do it yet, Arnab did. 

5. Liking "old melodies" and "old movies" more than recent ones. Now I understand why those are still called "evergreen".

6. Cleaning up clutter and finishing a big batch of cooking on the weekend is actually making me happy these days. I can't tolerate a bed not being made in the morning or a sink full of not-yet-washed dishes.

Well, I have crossed my silver landmark and am advancing towards completing my third decade. So it is natural that there'll be changes. However, here's a song which I liked to listen to as a child and now like because of the meaning as well....this makes me feel that enjoying life is much more important than just counting the years.



4 comments:

bhut said...

bah... tomar boyos hochhe, ebare chul pakbe.. dant norbe, hatur jor kombe, chokhe chhani porbe...gal jhulbe, chamra kuchkobe...
tumi khunkhune hobe...baba reee

Reea said...

Hahahaha... tumi aro 4 yrs agei khunkhune hobe. Mone ache Japan er dui dida'r boyesh hoyechilo 112 ar 116? Ar sei dekhe dadabhai bolechilo ogulo amra? :D :D

Unknown said...

bhagyish oshob dekhbar jonye ami benche thakbo na! tobe tumi to ekhono 'rat birete' kashchho na - 'haal chharbar' kotha tai ekhuni uthchhe na. ekhon haal dhore chalabar samay- egiye jao.(amra jara ekhon sara raat i 'kasha kashi', 'ghure shoa shui' korchhi pagla amader jonyei eta likhechhe)

Reea said...

Pagla-r o to eki abastha! Or o to "raat birete kashi" :D